Now -read the book!

Here is a link to my memoirs which, if you are a glutton for punishment, you can purchase online at https://www.kobo.com/gb/en/ebook/an-obscure-footnote-in-trade-union-history.
Men fight and lose the battle, and the thing that they fought for comes about in spite of their defeat, and when it comes turns out not to be what they meant, and other men have to fight for what they meant under another name. (William Morris - A Dream of John Ball)

Wednesday, May 11, 2016

Senior official accepts responsibility!

http://www.itv.com/news/london/2016-05-09/chief-executive-of-barnet-resigns-after-election-day-blunder/

Anything which pleases my friends and comrades in Barnet UNISON pleases me.

So I was very pleased to see that, following the unprecedented election day fiasco in that sorry Tory borough, the Chief Executive has fallen on his sword.

I hope that his departure (demonstrating an acceptance of responsibility which ought not to be remarkable - but is) will not distract those who will ask the question of whether the "year zero" privatisation fanaticism of the most extreme of Tory Councils contributed to an inability to administer an election.

I also hope that all those in senior positions in any organisation who are responsible for electoral malpractice of any kind will observe the actions of Barnet's Chief Exec and consider their own positions. 

(For the avoidance of doubt, whilst the preceding sentence may correctly be read as referring to UNISON, I make no allegations against our General Secretary, Dave Prentis, who has not broken any rule or procedure of our Union).

So, for the avoidance of any further doubt, you can work out that I am referring to other people.

Sent from my BlackBerry 10 smartphone on the EE network.

No comments: