Now -read the book!

Here is a link to my memoirs which, if you are a glutton for punishment, you can purchase online at https://www.kobo.com/gb/en/ebook/an-obscure-footnote-in-trade-union-history.
Men fight and lose the battle, and the thing that they fought for comes about in spite of their defeat, and when it comes turns out not to be what they meant, and other men have to fight for what they meant under another name. (William Morris - A Dream of John Ball)

Monday, May 09, 2011

Some things are beyond price

Amongst the discussion about Tory plans to dismember the NHS we must not lose sight of the impact of spending restrictions on our health service right now.



In that context I am sorry that in Lambeth, Lewisham and Southwark our NHS does not currently fund IVF treatment (http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/standard/article-23948124-leading-doctor-wants-the-nhs-to-fund-more-ivf-treatments.do).



I was born in the NHS, but as a prospective parent I needed the help of the NHS at conception as much as at birth. I cannot accept that I should tolerate the removal, now and in the future, of the opportunity I was given by the NHS.



This is a wealthy nation and we do not need to tolerate intolerable reductions in public services.

Sent using BlackBerry® from Orange

No comments: