Now -read the book!

Here is a link to my memoirs which, if you are a glutton for punishment, you can purchase online at https://www.kobo.com/gb/en/ebook/an-obscure-footnote-in-trade-union-history.
Men fight and lose the battle, and the thing that they fought for comes about in spite of their defeat, and when it comes turns out not to be what they meant, and other men have to fight for what they meant under another name. (William Morris - A Dream of John Ball)

Saturday, July 25, 2009

Blogging interrupted

Regular readers of this blog (Sid and Doris Blogger) are due an apology for intermittent blogging over the next two weeks as I am on leave.

Or, as much on leave as you can be when you're a Branch Secretary...

At least the branch is in safe hands!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Leave? They let you take leave?

I wasn't even allowed to be off sick; I had stewards and even the HR manager calling me, and one steward nagging at me by email for something I had been forced to delay actioning owing to being ill!

What a life.....Enjoy your time off - am sure you need it

:-)

Anonymous said...

Safe hands? Good to see you have a sense of humour Jon!